Pastor Anthony McPeters – Senior Pastor
Pastor Anthony McPeters grew up in the “Buckeye State” in Youngstown, Ohio where he became a Christian at the age of nineteen. After becoming a Christian Pastor McPeters responded to God’s call to ministry and he went to the Cedarville College in Cedarville Ohio which is in southwest Ohio. God put a strong desire in his heart to learn more about God’s Word and, Pastor McPeters quit his job and moved to Cedarville Ohio in pursuit of God’s will for his life. Pastor McPeters believed that if God was calling him into ministry God would also prepare him for that ministry. While at Cedarville College Pastor McPeters excelled academically and he was frequently placed on the Dean list and the Deans honors list.
Pastor McPeters graduated from Cedarville College with a Bachelors Degree with a major in Bible and a minor in Business Administration. In 1988 Pastor McPeters received his ministers’ license from his childhood church, the Tabernacle Baptist Church of Youngstown Ohio. After finishing college Pastor McPeters received scholarship money from Cedarville to attend Dallas Theological Seminary. Pastor McPeters states “time after time I have seen God confirm His call to the ministry” on as the Discipleship coordinator for the City Gospel Mission for one year.
Pastor McPeters was later called to serve as the Associate Pastor of Ministries at the Eastern Star Church in Indianapolis, Indiana where he served under the dynamic leadership of Pastor Jeffrey A. Johnson Sr. Pastor McPeters gave oversight to over 14 ministries, organized major conferences and events, as well as maintaining his normal pastoral responsibilities of teaching, preaching and counseling while serving at this 10,000 member congregation. Pastor McPeters served in this capacity for ten years.
In July of 2010 Pastor McPeters was called to be the Senior Pastor of the Israel Baptist Church in Hamilton, Ohio where he began serving on September 17, 2010. Pastor McPeters is excited about the new assignment God has given, and he is looking forward to seeing God do great and wonderful things through the Israel Baptist Church.
Pastor McPeters is happily married to the former Ms. Angela Posey of Indianapolis, Indiana, and they presently have no children.
Since Pastor Anthony McPeters has been the Pastor at Israel Baptist Church he has given our church a new passion for the living word, prayer, church growth and being a light upon the hill in our community. Pastor McPeters has a heart for young people and he has initiated the planning of the churches first youth conference in 2012. Pastor also teaches our Young Adult Sunday School Class. Sister Angela McPeters is involved in our church ministry as a Sunday School Teacher and was one of the dynamic speakers for our 2011 Women’s Day weekend program. God has truly blessed the Israel Baptist Church family by sending us Pastor McPeters as the shepherd of our flock.
Are you ready to embark on an incredible journey of faith, guiding and inspiring the youth of our church and surrounding community? Do you have a vibrant personality and a burning passion for guiding young minds on their Christian journey? Are you a gifted leader, passionate about bringing churched and un-churched youth closer to God through the transformative power of Jesus Christ? If so, we have an exhilarating opportunity waiting for you!
Our dynamic and forward-thinking church is seeking a dedicated and energetic Youth Pastor to lead our modern-day youth in their Christian walk. We believe that the youth are the future of our community, and we are committed to providing them with a nurturing environment where they can thrive and grow in their faith.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, develop, and manage ministry programs that will captivate the hearts and minds of our youth. From engaging monthly gatherings to impactful quarterly events, you will create an environment where young souls can encounter God’s love and grow in their relationship with Him.
- Organize, communicate with, and inspire our youth, parents, and adult volunteers. Your exceptional leadership skills will empower others to participate fully in the youth ministry, creating a vibrant and inclusive community.
- Be more than a director – be a friend and mentor to our youth. Go beyond the four walls of the church building, investing time in building meaningful relationships and walking alongside them on their faith journey.
- Exhibit a spiritual focus, a magnetic personality, and the ability to connect with individuals of all ages. Your passion for God and genuine love for people will create a contagious atmosphere of excitement and growth within our youth ministry.
- Collaborate seamlessly with the Pastor, staff, ministry leaders, parents, and volunteers. By working together as a unified team, we can create a holistic approach to ministry that impacts every aspect of a young person’s life.
Who You Are:
- A visionary leader driven by a deep desire to see young hearts set ablaze with the love of Christ.
- Possess previous experience in youth ministry (preferred).
- A natural relationship builder, capable of connecting with diverse individuals and fostering a sense of belonging and acceptance.
- Able to build strong relationships with youth, parents, and volunteers, fostering an environment of trust and collaboration.
- Proficient in organizational skills, communication, and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- A strong foundation of faith, rooted in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience in leading and developing youth ministry programs that engage and transform young lives.
- A heart for mentoring and building authentic relationships with youth, parents, and adult volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to inspire and connect with diversified audiences.
- An innovative mindset, always seeking new ways to engage and minister to today’s youth.
If you’re ready to ignite the flame of faith within our youth, join us at Israel Baptist Church. Together, let’s create an environment where young souls can encounter God, grow in their faith, and impact the world around them.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Wanda King – Music Minister
Having loved music all her life, Wanda began studying piano at the age of 5. Her talent and skill developed quickly – as she would often practice both her and her sister’s lessons while their mother listened from the upstairs bedroom. She began her music ministry at the age of 9, playing for the Sunday School at Trinity Baptist Church in Madisonville, Ohio. Since then, she has served as minister of music at churches throughout the Cincinnati area, including the First Baptist Church of Mount Auburn, Revelation Baptist Church, Jerriel Baptist Church, Ebenezer Baptist Church, Lee Chapel AME, the First Baptist Church of Kennedy Heights and Israel Baptist Church.
While her music ministry always had a special place in her heart, it has not been her only ministry. Her proudest ministry is that of a single mom (and now grandmother), and as such, she successfully raised 2 children – a daughter who is a software engineer and a son who is a mechanical engineer, husband, and father living in Detroit, Michigan with his family.
She also served as a registered nurse for 30 years. After graduating from UC with a BSN in nursing in 1975, she delivered babies and cared for expectant mothers at University Hospital before her own family demanded more time from her. In 1990, she moved to the Cincinnati health department, continuing to provide care for expectant and new mothers and their children until she retired in 2005.
She is currently the minister of music at the Israel Baptist Church in Hamilton, Ohio, where she can be found behind the piano or organ on many Sunday mornings. She continues to mentor and encourage younger musicians, teaching them to “pray for the anointing, feel the music, and ‘play the instrument, don’t let the instrument play you!'”